Saturday, 29 January 2011

River Of Stones #20

Good day! Enjoyed stopping the world for a couple of hours earlier to have a good chinwag with a friend I've not seen for years, very nice to catch up on everything and find we've still got plenty in common. Icy cold wind though, I've been enjoying travelling in a car that doesn't leak, steam up at the first sight of the Sun, oh, and that actually starts as it holds a battery charge longer than five minutes!.....:-)

Just one again today. Committee meeting tomorrow, I've got no idea what tomorrows small stone will be! I dread to think. The child within me is longing have a giggle and deliver my report through the medium of creative dance.....

'Chairs scraping, coffee percolating, milk frothing, china clinking, voices jostling, tills opening, radio playing....and the peace in the centre of this chaos of the smooth creamy warmth of the perfect latte....'

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, a delightful small stone. Great build up of tension, I could really feel it! Then the release into the coffee. Fantastic!

    Also love this line: "The child within me is longing have a giggle and deliver my report through the medium of creative dance..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggles are always best when let loose... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very descriptive stone Jules. Glad you had a good day - hope you can say the same for tomorrow. I'd love to walk beside the river in your picture, but not until the weather is warmer!

    ReplyDelete