Monday, 10 January 2011

River Of Stones Day #1

Photo by Alexander S. Kunz

I've just heard about a project called 'River Of Stones'. The idea is that you create a 'small stone' or a polished moment of paying proper attention. It's a piece born out of the action of keeping mind, eyes, ears, nose and mouth open...experiencing the WHOLE moment.

If you'd like to know more about the project you can read more here from Fiona Robyn and Kaspa. This fits in very well with my current mindset, as I'm about to begin a new period of learning, I've made a vow to be more aware of everything. I love being outdoors and like to feel I've seen, heard and smelled everything - it keeps me connected with the cycles of the year and with the land.

This is my small stone for today - I was out with the dog, in the rain, wrapped up to the nines.

"Chilly splashes drop on my cheeks, winter damp brings the smell of deep dark earth."

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, Jules! I thought you'd like this.

    I did mine yesterday which was based on our drive to the country, but it's a bit trickier today while I'm cooped up in the apartment doing cleaning!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jules - it is so evocative and just right for today's conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you can join us in the river Jules! I’ve added you to the blogroll, and if you'd like email updates do email me at fiona@fionarobyn.com (and tell me which is your blog). Warmest, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou very much peeps! I thought this exercise sounded so interesting, as it increases awareness far beyond a creative level. I love the idea of keeping this going as long as I'm around, it should help me be more mindful of my surroundings, and record experiences better.
    Thankyou Robyn, for starting me off!

    ReplyDelete