Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Crow Gifts!!

Look at this!  I had a surprise belated birthday present today from Mum.  I'd heard her talk about these little matchbox books for a while, and I've visited Gina Ferrari's page Fan My Flame - but I wasn't expecting to be treated to one myself!
 As you may have guessed, I'm partial to members of the Crow family.  I love them and never tire of watching them, listening to them, drawing them and reading about their behaviour.  I love this little book as I think Gina definitely understands 'crow'.  Some people tend to look at me strangely as though to say 'why on earth would you want a crow on it!?!?' - but this is perfect.  I love the way the box is even lined with lovely crow paper, and there is a wonderful stitched crow on the cover of the book.  
 Such care has gone into making it, it really is like little treasure.  I will write in the book, I don't know what but I'll think of something.  Probably a crow poem.  I have an altar in my home, so I think this little chap will live on there to keep him safe.  He can also guard the space for me when I'm not in.  
So, big thankyou to Mum and to Gina for an enchanting surprise.  I was planning to set to work on one art project but I've got a feeling I may be diverted in a different direction and do something 'crow' again.  Oooh, just thought, I've still got leather paint upstairs - maybe some crow shoes should be in order!

7 comments:

  1. Something to CROW about, that's for sure! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty and quite unique. I'm sure you will treasure it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina has done us proud hasn't she? Our books are on her blog too and I got quite a buzz seeing them there. So glad you are so pleased with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you like your book... and delighted that you will write in it. I'm also pleased to have found your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for all the lovely comments!! And very nice to see new visitors here - all welcome anytime, it's the ideal place for a virtual cuppa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous little book! I think you should put some crow poetry in it. My first thought was "nevermore" but of course that's a raven - right family, wrong member!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Now there's an idea!! And a good one, I'll post whatever I come up with - there's no end of things you can write about crows!
    I'm also thrilled to see a few more on my followers list, including Gina, lovely to see you here. I'll kick myself up the butt and post a little more often I think, I've neglected blogging for far too long.

    ReplyDelete